Pasta, seafood, lamb, chicken,salad dressings and dips, you name it and chances are that if you add some garlicky flavour it will make your food so much better.
Other than the fact that it will leave you with serious garlic breath (read: stinky) what’s there not to love about this aromatic ingredient? Garlic has quite a lot of health benefits such as its anti-inflammatory characteristics, it helps with cholesterol, diabetes, digestion and so much more.
The worst thing you can do is burn garlic. It burns quite easily so it would be wise to add your garlic near to the end of your cooking process.
This might sound a little contrary to popular belief, but overusing garlic can be a recipe for disaster. It has a very distinct smell and taste and using too much of it can easily cause the other delicious flavours to be over powered.
1. Roast garlic, thyme and oregano lamb
2. Festive prawns
3. Roast chicken in garlic, chilli and cream
4. Roasted garlic and mustard pork chops
5. Mussels in white wine and garlic with frites
6. Fillet of beef with roasted onion and rocket salad
7. Mushroom and beef sliders with garlic mayonnaise|
8. Roast potatoes with rosemary, garlic and lemon
9. Chicken wings in saffron and garlic sauce
10. Garlic bread?