Leonardo DiCaprio just won his first Oscar, y’all!
That’s right. After six nominations, Leo finally snagged him a little golden statue for his role in The Revenant.
And perhaps no one has rooted for Leo more than the internet, and this is how they reacted to his win:
1. People were overwhelmed with joy for DiCaprio…
When Leonardo walked up that stage pic.twitter.com/c3CbwOxi2Q
— young metro (@Curvables) February 29, 2016
2. …and shared memes of how he’s ~probably~ feeling right now…
3. …it’s surprising he didn’t begin his acceptance speech like this, right?
4. Seriously, people were thrilled.
— very average jeff (@thecultureofme) February 29, 2016
5. It happened. We can now all tell our grandchildren about this glorious moment.
i lived to see leonardo dicaprio finally win an oscar. i can die happily now
— Anthony Quintal (@LOHANTHONY) February 29, 2016
6. Oh, you know Leo’s updating his Facebook status ASAP.
7. And he’ll probably be celebrating A LOT tonight. #turnup
9. As expected, the internet had NO chill.
10. None whatsoever.
11. Not even a smidgen of chill…
12. …because everyone was so happy it finallyhappened.
13. He’s waited so long for this. *”A Moment Like This” by Kelly Clarkson plays in the background*
Leonardo been preparing this speech for like 15 years bruh
— RetroSeason2 (@R3troSp3ctro) February 29, 2016
14. Slam dunk, Leo!
15. A national holiday in Leo’s honor would be niiiiice.
16. And of course, there was a joke about the bear from The Revenant thrown into the mix.
— The Onion (@TheOnion) February 29, 2016