Obesity is becoming a huge problem in the United States. People are doing all that they can to change policies in order to give people a better, healthier lifestyle.
But did you know that a lot of foods that are sold in the United States are actually banned in other countries? There are foods that are hiding harmful additives that you can easily grab at a nearby grocery store.
These foods also contain growth hormones and other dangerous ingredients that other countries banned due to health risk. However, they are still allowed in the United States. Here are 8 food allowed in America but not in other countries.
1. Genetically engineered papaya was known to carry the ringspot virus. It devastated American crops of the 1990s. The European Union banned GE papaya.
2. Brominated vegetable oil is a dangerous ingredient found in citrus-flavored sodas and sports drinks in the U.S. It’s been banned in Japan and Europe.
3. Arsenic-based drugs are approved in the US because they make animals grow quicker. It’s dangerous to consume. The European Union has banned the use of it in food.
4. rBGH is a synthetic version of a natural hormone that’s found in milk and dairy products. It’s been banned in Australia, New Zealand, Israel, CAnada and Europe.
5. Both Russia and Australia have banned farm-raised salmon. They are raised on a unnatural diet of genetically engineered grains, toxic antibiotics and dangerous vitamins.
6. Research has linked food additives to cancer, birth defects, behavioral issues and allergies. Norway and Australia have banned these harmful ingredients in their food.
7. Potassium bromate is commonly used to make dough more elastic. It’s found in rolls, wraps, breads and bagels. It causes a lot of health problems and has been banned in Canada, China and the European Union.
8. Butylated hydroxyanisole and butylated hydroxytoluene are toxins found in American food. It can be found in beer, cereal, nut mixes…etc. Both Japan and The European Union have banned these preservatives.