Doctors Shocked After Discovering Over 200 Nails in Teen’s Stomach

When a 15-year-old boy from China complained of severe stomach pains, at first his parents just thought it was a stomach bug. But when they took him to the hospital, doctors found something shocking in his CT Scan.

The surgeon couldn’t believe his eyes as he pulled 200 nails, plus toothpicks, rocks, and coins from the boy’s stomach. The boy told his parents that he had been swallowing the items for about a month. A suggestion was made that the boy may suffer from Pica, which is an eating disorder where a person compulsively eats foreign objects – such as nails.

The boy is recovering well so far, and hopefully will not continue this dangerous habit!


Source: Hefty

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *