1. Keep your bedroom dark, quiet, and cool (between 60 and 67 degrees).
2. No electronic devices starting 30 minutes before bedtime.
3. Don’t charge your phone next to your bed. Even better: gently escort all devices completely out of your bedroom.
4. No caffeine after 2 p.m.
5. Remember, your bed is for sleep and sex only – no work!
6. Sorry, Mr. Snuffles: No pets on the bed.
7. Take a hot bath with Epsom salts before bed to help calm your mind and body.
8. Pajamas, nightdresses, and even special T-shirts send a sleep-friendly message to your body. If you wore it to the gym, don’t wear it to bed.
9. Do some light stretching, deep breathing, yoga, or meditation to help your body and your mind transition to sleep.
10. When reading in bed, make it a real book or an e-reader that does not emit blue light. And make sure it is not work-related: novels, poetry, philosophy, anything but work.