Girl Suffered Terrible Burns Due To Misuse Of Phone

A medical student has suffered serious burns after her phone charger exploded and set her bedroom on fire while she slept.

Katy Emslie, 26, was using her laptop to recharge a portable EE power bar at her home in Aberdeen when the charger shot out ‘like a firework’ and flew across the room.

She said the charger crashed into a wall, charring the carpet below it, and caused a fire under her bed.

In a panic, she tried to extinguish the flames with her bare hands, leaving them badly burned.

ALSO READ  Horible Places Of The World

She said: ‘I was charging my EE power bar through my Mac computer overnight and at I was woken up by something which sounded like a firework at around 1am.

‘The power bar had exploded up the wall and flames began spreading around my bedroom.

‘I was screaming for my mum who was in the next room, I tried patting the flames out with my hand because I was worried that the fire could spread underneath and set my bed alight.

Ms Emslie said the charger crashed into a wall, charring the carpet below it, and caused a fire under her bed

Source – dailymail

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *