Previous reports suggested that Markle’s dad would not only be attending the wedding, but that he’d also be walking his daughter down the aisle.
However, a new report suggests that Thomas Markle is yet to receive any official confirmation about his role in the royal wedding.
According to the Daily Mail, ‘Kensington Palace has yet to confirm whether retired TV lighting director Thomas Markle will appear during the ceremony.’
And the Sunday Mirror appears to confirm this report, by revealing that Meghan Markle’s cousin, Trish Gallup, allegedly wrote to Prince Harry to find out whether the family had been snubbed. As the Sunday Mirror reports, ‘Staff turned her Fedex package away. She also wrote in desperation to Prince Harry through an address she found online… but has had no reply.’
Markle’s uncle Thomas confirmed that the family was still unaware what the arrangements for the royal wedding would be. He said (via Sunday Mirror):
‘I talked to Thomas last week and he didn’t seem to know what the problem was. He told me he hasn’t heard anything and he didn’t even know if he would be walking Meghan down the aisle. He’s very private, but I don’t see how you can be the father of the bride and be a shrinking violet. I think he has to step up and I think he’s willing to do that.’
However, it’s apparently the ‘controversial behaviour’ of some of Markle’s relatives that might be to blame for the lack of invites.
As Markle’s cousin Gallup revealed
‘I’ve done everything I can to try to reach Meghan, but we are not invited. I’m not holding out any hope. Certainly invitations would have arrived by now if they were coming. I think Meghan’s sister blew it for us by writing a tell-all book—and I believe they don’t want to risk embarrassment, which is understandable. I’m saddened, though. I would have loved to give my wishes to Meghan.’