A Tennessee man, Jared McLemore, 33, died after setting himself on fire on Facebook Live. Police said they arrived at Murphy’s Bar in Midtown Memphis on Saturday night and discovered the man severely burned.
The man reportedly doused himself in kerosene while recording live, lit himself with a lighter in his hand and then ran into the bar.
McLemore allegedly erupted in flames in front of horrified patrons, including his ex-girlfriend who works at the establishment.
“This gentleman comes running into the room on fire screaming incomprehensibly,” one witness said.
Witnesses said some initially thought it was a joke while others tried to help put him out the fire by throwing t-shirts and jackets on him -all to no avail.
Another man, who was reportedly trying to help, suffered burns when he tried to take McLemore’s lighter away. He was also taken to the hospital in non-critical condition, according to reports
McLemore was taken to the hospital where he later died.
McLemore’s ex-girlfriend, Alyssa Moore, told Fox 13 that he had a history of domestic violence and threatening to kill her.
Facebook has since taken the video down.
Source: Fox 13