Saudi Arabia announced a deal to finance four forklifts to be installed at a number of major Yemeni ports to facilitate humanitarian aid distribution and provide new job opportunities.
Saudi Ambassador in Yemen Mohammed Al Jabir announced the agreement signed with the Yemeni Ministry of Public Works to implement the new project at three Yemeni ports, which will contribute significantly to support humanitarian and relief work.
Speaking at a press conference in Riyadh with Yemeni Minister of Public Works Moeen Abdul Malik, Ambassador Jabir highlighted the qualitative leap expected to be achieved on the level of humanitarian work at the port of al-Mukha, Aden and al-Makalla.
He also indicated that after the completion of this project, Mukha port will receive 36,000 tons, while Aden’s capacity will double from 437,000 tons, at the present time to 713,000 tons, and Makalla port will be ready to handle a capacity of 85,000 tons, instead of receiving 41,000 tons.
Saudi ambassador said that there would be a qualitative improvement in the delivery of humanitarian assistance after the agreement which will be reflected on the lives of the Yemeni people.
Yemeni Minister of Public Works Moeen Abdul Malik said that the Arab Coalition has played a remarkable role in the cessation of hostilities and returning normalcy to Aden after the recent incident of unrest.
“The Saudi-led coalition enabled the Yemeni legitimate authorities to make major achievements at all levels in restoring stability and defeating the greedy Houthis, who are implementing an Iranian agenda,” he stated.
When asked about the role of Iran, the Yemeni minister indicated: “Iran only supports the Houthis and not Yemen. Iran only brings destruction on Yemen, and we have no relations with it.”
He added that Tehran only considers Yemen through the extremist group and there aren’t any trade relations between the two countries. He hoped Iran’s hostile policy that affected the stability in the Middle East would change.
Speaking at the same press conference, spokesman of the coalition to restore legitimacy in Yemen, Colonel Turki al-Malki announced that coalition forces have detected a Houthi terrorist cell last Thursday in Maerib with a number of explosives.
Maliki pointed out that Houthis’ announcement of obtaining the coastal defence capabilities the so-called “One Mandeb”, is only Iranian missiles of range between 250 km and 300 kilometers, and can be launched from ships or fixed bases. He held Iranian regime the full responsibility for the ongoing smuggling of weapons to Houthi militias in clear violation of the relevant Security Council resolutions.
He confirmed that humanitarian aid is still entering Yemen through all entry ports, revealing that Iran has supplied Houthi militias with weapons to target the international shipping in Bab Al-Mandeb strait.
Malki said Houthi militias targeted the Hodeidah port with boat filled with bombs, which is a serious threat to shipping and world trade.
He pointed out that the militias have fired a total of 95 ballistic missiles until now and that coalition forces have thwarted and destroyed all of them. He highlighted that Houthi militias threatened many Yemeni tribes in the past few weeks.
He added that food and medical aid trucks have reached more than 400,000 Yemenis so far from Saudi Arabia.
“We have found a consent from all sides in Aden to restore stability to the temporary capital,” said Malki.