Tragedy : 3 Year Old Twin Burnt To Death In A Fuel Fire

A family in Ogun State is in tears at the moment after their three-year-old twin children were burnt to death in a fire that gutted their apartment.The scene of the tragic fire disaster

A family in the gaun community, Magboro Ogun State, are in sorrow after their twin children were burnt to death in their house.

Punch reports that the twin children, Taiye and Kehinde Oluwasegun, died in the fire that occurred on the night of Wednesday, October 12, 2016, after their older sibling identified as Iyanu, accidentally tripped over a jerrycan of fuel kept in the house and the content spilled into the sitting room.

While the mother was mopping up the spillage, the fuel was said to have flowed to a lantern in the house which triggered an explosion and set the bungalow on fire.

Alerted by the shouts for help, residents rushed to the house and managed to rescue Iyanu, the second child named Korede, and their parents while the twins who were trapped inside were burnt to death  as the three-bedroom house was burnt down completely.

Narrating how the incident happened, six-year-old Korede who sustained burns in the leg, said his father,  Aina, was about taking their generator outside when his sister fell and tripped the jerrycan.

ALSO READ  Man Dressed Up As Killer Clown Dies After Stepping On Landmine In Cambodia

“My daddy has two generators. We use the big one to pump water, while the small one is for the house.

My daddy had put the small one in the room to pour petrol into it before taking it to the cage that was outside. My mummy was preparing food in the kitchen that time.

My sister, who didn’t know there was a jerrycan on the floor, tripped over it. My mom then took the mop to clean spilled petrol.

She was doing that when the fire started. There were six of us in the house, my dad, and mom, my sister, the twins and me.”

The surviving members of the family are currently receiving treatment at the Perfect Joy Hospital in the area.Aina, a carpenter, suffered severe burns on his legs, hands, face and chest, and his wife, Abosede, a teacher, suffered burns on both legs, are yet to be informed of the death of the twins, even as they keep asking for the children

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *