And to be brutally honest, this one actually tastes more like a milkshake. Two frozen bananas are blended with raw cacao, coconut shreds, dates, and coconut milk to create a smoothie that is so decadent it will make you question whether or not it’s truly appropriate to enjoy for breakfast. This smoothie is deliciously chocolaty and satisfying, and although it’s breakfast-approved, it’s rich enough for dessert.
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao
- 2 dates, pitted (or more depending on desired sweetness)
- 2-3 tablespoons raw coconut flakes
- ½ cup sweetened vanilla coconut milk (or full-fat coconut milk if you truly want to turn this smoothie into a milkshake
- Add all ingredients to a blender, and blend 1-2 minutes or until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a glass and garnish with coconut flakes and cacao powder, if desired.
- Enjoy immediately.